Vanilla Berry Waffles With Superfood Seeds
One of our favorite fall and winter breakfast recipes is waffles. You have endless opportunities with toppings, but this variation with berries and healthy seeds is one of our favorites! Fuel yourself and your family with this delicious and healthy berry filled waffle recipe, featuring our Bugaboo Non-Stick Waffle Iron. This would also make a perfect gift for those breakfast lovers in your life! Mix the dry ingredients in a jar and gift their first batch of waffles with it. Happy cooking!
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp salt
Butter Milk powder as directed for 2 cups milk
- Mix well in Bowl
2 Eggs well beaten
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbs sugar or maple syrup (if desired)
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter melted, but not hot
2 cups water or milk
- Mix into batter leaving the batter with small lumps is okay. The mix should be pourable.
- Preheat both sides of the waffle iron taking care to flip and move the iron so that both sides are well heated.
- Scoop ¾ cup batter into preheated (medium heat about 350F), close iron and flip
- Watch for steam escaping from the iron and flip about every 30 seconds.
- A well done golden waffle will release easily from the iron.
- Taking care, carefully remove the waffle from the iron with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top with butter, yogurt, whip cream, wild berries, chia seeds, ground flax seeds or hemp seeds!
(TIP: don’t forget to expand your chia seeds in water before eating or they can expand in your stomach and cause stomach aches!)