Oatmeal is a great meal for camping trips because won’t go bad and is easy to make. It’s also lightweight, which makes it the ideal breakfast for adventures where weight needs to be considered. However, it can be awfully boring and bland. That’s why we came up with Adventure Oats. These oats are nutrient-rich, packed with plant proteins and essential amino acids, and will help keep your energy up and your stomach full all morning.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 banana
- In a bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, hemp seed hearts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
- Bring 2.5 cups of water to a boil. Stir in oats mixture and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 1 minute. Top with dried cranberries and freshly sliced banana. Add maple syrup for some added sweetness!
PRO TIP: Pre-make a big bag of adventure oats and toss it into your camp kitchen for quick, easy, satisfying oats anytime you want.