Shrimp And Veggie Camp Pasta Recipe
Time outside pairs best with delicious food. We make quality camp cookware so you can enjoy the best meals wherever your trip takes you. Next time you’re out on a river trip, exploring the open road, or setting up camp at your favorite campsite, try this shrimp and veggie pasta recipe (or make it vegetarian by skipping the shrimp). Your taste buds will thank you.
- 16 oz farfalle (aka bow tie pasta)
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 sliced red peppers
- 12 oz sugar snap peas
- 3 tbsp garlic (minced)
- ½ c white wine
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While cooking, start the vegetables: heat 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp garlic in a saucepan until fragrant. Add mushrooms, peas, and peppers and sauté until soft.
- Drain pasta and return to pot, toss with veggies
- In the same pan used for veggies, heat ¼ cup olive oil and 1 tbsp garlic and sauté for one minute. Add 1/2 cup white wine, 5 tbsp butter, season with salt and pepper. Stir sauce over medium heat for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and toss in pasta.
- Finally, heat 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp garlic in the saucepan. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until pink, 2-3 minutes per side. Add to pasta. (Skip this step for a vegetarian version.)
- Garnish pasta with chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan. Eat up!
You’ve made your camp meal, now you get to enjoy it. Dinner just tastes better in the great outdoors, doesn’t it?