Chicken Pesto & Veggies Recipe
- 2lbs of bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- One large bunch of broccolini (or another green of your choice such as asparagus, zucchini, broccoli)
- 2lbs of small, creamer potatoes (or one package from the grocery store)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- One small container of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of red or white wine
- 4 tbsp of grated or sliced parmesan cheese
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbls. of butter
- 3 tbls. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by prepping all your vegetables and ingredients. Trim broccoli, and slice potatoes in half. Mince garlic and slice your baguette. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Start cooking by warming 1 tbls of butter and 1 tbls of olive oil in a saute pan on medium heat. Place the chicken, skin side down, in the pan. Cook until chicken browns.
- Add the red wine to the pan and deglaze by scraping up the brown bits on the bottom with a wooden spatula. Turn the heat to low and allow chicken to simmer in the wine until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165℉.
- While the chicken is cooking, start working on the potatoes. In a separate pan, warm 1 tbls of olive oil and 1 tbls of butter. Add potatoes to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and fry on medium heat for about 15 minutes, allowing them to get golden brown. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and cherry tomatoes. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Keeping the pan with potatoes on medium, add the remaining 1tbls olive oil and the broccolini (or green of choice) to the pan. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 5 minutes or until green of choice is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through and the wine has cooked off, turn heat down to low and drizzle pesto generously over chicken thighs. Flip and drizzle on the other side. Sprinkle parmesan over the chicken and let slightly melt, about 3 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve with veggies and toasted baguette slices on the side. Enjoy!